Monday, August 30, 2010

Honestly...


So, my sister and I were talking about guys and how it annoys us when they act corny and over the top "romantic." For instance, I had a boyfriend who would write me these really mushy, corny, stupid poems. It really annoyed me, but I would always pretend that I liked them. So he kept writing them. Anyway, I think the next time I am in a relationship, I will try very, very hard to be honest. Because it can be so easy to pretend I'm someone I'm not or that I like the things that I really don't. My sister showed me a poem that I think fits this topic really well:

"Indian Summer" by Dorothy Parker

In youth, it was a way I had
To do my best to please,
And change, with every passing lad,
To suit his theories.

But now I know the things I know,
And do the things I do;
And if you do not like me so,
To hell, my love, with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment